Friday, December 21, 2012

Ball of Saran Wrap

I recently had to start wearing uniforms for work, and the other day I was removing my freshly cleaned uniforms from the Saran wrap packaging that they are returned to me in so that I could put them away in my dresser.  Suddenly, I remembered how dad used to roll the saran wrap up from his uniforms into a tight ball and chuck it at us kids.  Whoever was in the area at the time of dad unpacking his uniforms was the target and there was no mercy.  I remember getting beaned in various body parts including the head and the gut; if you were lucky you would have time to react and block the shot, but that rarely was the case. 

Anyway, I decided I would carry this grand tradition on so I rolled my saran wrap up into a nice ball just like dad would and chucked it at my unsuspecting daughter, Rogue.  I missed and nearly hit my wife.  Needless to say, I got yelled at by the wife and told that I could hurt somebody, but don't think I won't try it again.  Eventually I will hit my target and if someone gets a little hurt, well I'll just say what my dad used to say, "it builds character". 

2 comments:

  1. I used to get mad at Rick for doing that too Katy. Look at it this way, it made a good memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think dad might have shown some mercy on me! I don't remember it hurting, but I do remember getting pegged several times. At least it couldn't have hurt you as bad as the poor unsuspecting cats who dared to sit on his Jeep. They got nailed with a tennis ball!

    ReplyDelete