Monday, December 17, 2012

Village Dipper Knight in Shining Armour

One sunny day this past summer, early on in Rick's battle, I took a bus full of senior residents to the Village Dipper for one of their favorite outings...ICE CREAM! Bus was full to capacity. I let the more able bodied residents off first so that I could assist the weaker ones. One of our residents fell on the bus while getting off, little did I know that one also had fallen off the picnic table bench 500 yards away.
Here I am, one person, needing to be in two places...luckily, Rick, happened to be sitting  having his hot dog dinner close to by where the 2nd resident needed assistance. Once again my knight in shining armour, Rick Kraker, came to my rescue. He picked up one resident while I was picking up the other. Rick has been there for me for so many hiccups over the 15 years I've been honored knowing him and his family. And even during his weakest days, he once again came to my rescue. You are missed Smiling Rick Kraker....and I know you laughed at my jokes when I wasn't around, I just know it. You will always be my hero. One more thing, thank you Rick for your wonderful family. I consider you all forever and ever family. Love you Paula

1 comment: