Thursday, October 11, 2012

ATribute to Rick

I've been praying lately for some words from God about Rick. Maybe just because I miss him or maybe I  just needed something from God to comfort me. He has sent the rainbow a number of times since that camping morning and I thank him over and over for his faithfulness of his promise to us but seems like I needed to hear from him. Then this morning someone dear to me sent me these words that God spoke to her. I knew right away that this was from God and found them so comforting that I want to share them with all. God speaks to us in so many different ways, just take the time to listen.

Soft spoken and quiet
Yet when he spoke it was profound.

Seldom a smile did we see
Yet he always brought a smile to others.

Hard worker and tough
Yet so gentle with his grandkids.

Never tolerated laziness
Yet always had time for some fun.

Didn't like to say I love you or give a hug
Yet no one ever doubted his love.

We prayed for a healing here on earth
Yet God knew best and gave him a perfect healing.

He fought a good fight
Yet God said, 'Come home, my son'.

A loving husband, father, and friend to many
Sadly missed by us all.

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely said. This describes dad perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so beautiful and really hit the nail on the head for the Rick
    I remembered! I worked with Rick for only 2 or three years back in 1987 -88 at FMB maintenance in the early 90’s me and my family moved to grandville and I got a job closer to that area and lost all contact with Rick. It was only a few weeks ago that I finally found Carla on Facebook and she told me all that happened which really saddened me the reason I wanted to find him again is because of the profound affect he had on me! We were neighbor also and I learned so much from him at work and at home we were togather everyday sone days he’d say something or do something that I didn’t like so we’d go hours without talking but then he usually would comment on someone’s driving that I had to laugh! He certainly was a great man so calm and so smart he could fix or repair just about anything !! I truly miss him and wished I would have stayed in touch But God bless his entire family!!

    ReplyDelete