Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Warf

I need to give a little background on Warf.  Dad used to love Star Trek.  If Star Trek was on TV and dad was home, you were watching it whether you liked it or not.  Anyway, his favorite character on the show was a clingon named Warf.  He was one tough dude. 

So anything that dad thought was tough was named after Warf.  He used to have a Makita work light that he would call the Warf light.  He would also refer to his jeep as the Warf mobile.  I remember he used to pat the dash and give the Warf mobile praises after it did something tough like pull a car out of the ditch or get unstuck from a snow pile.  I remember one time I gave the dash a pat and dad looked at me said, "not to hard".   He would always make funny little comments like that. 

I took a lot of stock in what dad thought was tough equipment.  I started copying all purchases that he would consider tough.  For example, I got a jeep CJ5 when I was sixteen, my first chainsaw was a husqvarna, and my lawn mower was the same exact brand as his.  I had faith that if he thought highly of a product, it must be quality.  His oppinion never failed me. 

1 comment:

  1. Lol. I forgot about the Warf light.
    To add to your post. Dad definitely thought highly of his Jeep. Anytime we were watching NASCAR or NHRA drag races he would talk about how he didn't enter his Jeep so that everyone else could have a chance.
    I remember hearing a top fuel dragster start up followed by Dad saying, "Did someone just start my Jeep?"

    ReplyDelete