Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Katrina (New Orleans)

Dad, mom, Jer & I went to New Orleans in 2007 to help out in the Katrina aftermath.  I remember them giving dad a chain saw when they heard he had "experience".  I don't think they realized what sort of experience he actually had.  Everyone that worked with dad that day could do nothing but brag and be amazed.  I can't tell you how times I heard, "You should have seen that guy with a chain saw.  It was amazing!  He cut down tree after tree in record time!"

I think dad's only complaint about that entire trip was that they didn't work him hard enough!  Nope....he didn't even complain about walking around down Bourbon Street with all the crazies or about carrying a full grown man, Danny, around on his back down Bourbon Street!

It's not a great picture, but here's dad hard at work in New Orleans.

2 comments:

  1. Surprised he didn't complain about having to use a Stihl chainsaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he have a group of people following him scrambling to keep up and not get hit by falling trees?

    ReplyDelete