Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Snowmobiling

I can't believe it took me this long to post this memory because some of my best memories are the times dad would hook sleds up to the snowmobiles and pull us around the house.  I think the lawn mower dump post reminded me of it.

In the winter, us kids could not wait until dad got home so he could pull us around on the sleds.  We would hook up one or two sleds to the back and dad would drive around trying to make us fall off, and he would never stop the snowmobile.  We would have to try and jump on the sled while it was still moving.  I personally loved it.  I remember going for hours at a time. 

3 comments:

  1. Andrew must remember that. I would always remember hearing poor Andrew screaming outside. He just couldn't keep up. I'd always tell Rick to slow down so Andrew could get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have awesome memories of the snowmobile and sleds! I do remember that dad had no sympathy for us....he just kept going until we figured out a way to get on. He would be laughing as he rode by! I do remember poor Andrew screaming because he couldn't keep up, but I also remember dad showing some sympathy for Andrew. He would speed up to dump us off and then slow up to let Andrew quick hop on. It didn't last long though before we caught up and knocked Andrew back off. Sorry Andrew!

    ReplyDelete