Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Florida '08

Dad loved our trips to Florida, although it took a lot for him to admitt it.  I remember this particular year Katy, Rogue, and I drove down with mom and dad.  Rogue was just a baby, and even though she was really good, there were times where I thought dad was going to snap.  Heck, I thought I was going to snap.  We had to listen to the Elmo Movie all the way there and back.  In the end, nobody lost their temper and the trip was another great memory. 
 




5 comments:

  1. Wasn't that the trip that we had to drive all the way home with the smell of the blood that drained out from the cooler with the boar in it? I don't remember him complaining about that either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me & the kids rode with mom & dad to Virginia. This was in Jaelynn's days of HATING her car seat. I wasn't going to go mainly because I felt sorry for anybody who had to ride in a vehicle with her. Dad was pretty much adament that it would be fine and that we would drive with them. Well, Jaelynn did her thing and screamed a good chunk of the time. Dad never once complained and he even said he didn't know what we were talking about (when we would say she was horrible). He'd tell Jaelynn, "You did a good job." Sometimes I wonder if he was in the same vehicle as us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad had some sort of extreme patience with his grandkids because I'm sure we didn't get away with these things as kids :-)

      Delete
  3. Hate to rain on this parade........ I remember Dad telling me about that trip...... He noticed the crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No raining on my parade. I figured nobody could tune that out! He just didn't want to admit that I was right that she would scream the whole time.

      Delete