Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tough Guy


Dads handyman knowledge still blows my mind to this day.  How one man could know so much about everything is beyond my understanding.  Because I loved having this knowledge onhand, I always made sure dad was present while I had a project going on.

Not only was dad smart but he was one tough guy.  He could lift twice as many boards as me, do twice as much work as me, and endure 100 times more pain than me.  I remember a time, while building my house, dad was nailing walls together with the air nailer.  A 16 penny, framing nail blew through the wood and into his hand.  He never even flinched.  He finished putting the wall together and then went to take care of it only because he was bleeding everywhere.  Then he went back to building another wall.  That is one tough dude.

I never was able to take him in arm wrestling either. 

3 comments:

  1. I remember him coming home with a thumb that looked like a purple pancake. He had to drill a hole in his nail to relieve the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember him coming home with like 300 bee stings. His speech started slurring...but he wasn't going to the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that too. So stubborn, I quickly went to the store to get benadryl and scared that he would be so swollen up when I got back.

      Delete